Tuesday, August 2, 2011

third & fifth.


Last night at ballet, we learned the third and fifth positions. Tricky stuff, this ballet. I've never been particularly coordinated and I'm dreadfully inflexible (sounds promising, no?) but at the same time I love ballet because it takes me outside myself. If you had told me a year ago that I would be spending my evenings dancing around in a leotard and pink tights in front of a room full of people, I would have laughed in your face- but here I am, and it's marvelous. It's a heady thing when you surprise yourself.

Anyway, it's Tuesday so no ballet tonight. Instead, after work, I'm cooking dinner at home (roast chicken with parsnips and shaved zucchini) and watching Belle de Jour. Can't wait to try roping Daniel into watching that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...