Monday, August 8, 2011

grocery list

{roasted carrot & avocado salad}

I love going to the grocery store. Grocery stores speak to me of endless possibilities and I find them terribly exciting. I remember my mother once telling me that after I was born and she was on maternity leave, she would take me to the grocery store and push my stroller up and down the aisles when she got bored, just to get out of the house. Maybe this is why I like it so much. I've been programmed.

Today, I bought the following items:
  • Kale
  • Arugula
  • White corn on the cob
  • Yellow nectarines
  • Cantaloupe
  • Pluots
  • Shallots
  • Leeks
  • Avocados
  • Lemons
  • Tinned sardines in oil
  • Almond butter
  • Plain yogurt
  • Passionberry Kombucha
The man standing behind me placed a can of Diet Coke on the conveyer belt, surveyed my items, and said "Wow, everything there is so healthy." I felt smug for a moment- me with all of my lovely vegetables and wholesome dairy and nutritious protein, and him with his evil soda- until I remembered plunging face first into a s'more brownie yesterday.

Oh well. But since it's Monday and that means ballet, I'm trying to lean towards vegetables instead of chocolate. Tonight I had a simple salad of carrots roasted with cumin, avocados, and romaine (recipe found here). It was the perfect dinner to begin the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...