Tuesday, August 9, 2011

summer foods

For the most part, the weather in San Francisco has not felt very summery of late. But I've decided that if I live my life as though it felt like summer, good weather will eventually follow. It's a sort of Field of Dreams approach.




I'm particularly partial to summer foods. For dinner, I made a farro salad, loosely based on the one from Ragazza. I dream about that salad.  Anyway, for my homemade version, I used farro, cherry tomatoes, arugula, yellow corn, and ricotta salata. I've also become a recent devotee of raw zucchini, shaved thin and drizzled with olive oil, then sprinkled with salt and pepper.  It was all things summery- fresh and wholesome and bright. Sandals and picnics in the park can't be far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...