Sunday, November 7, 2010

sunday, le marais

On Sundays, a lot of things in Paris are closed. 

The Marais is something of an exception to the closed-on-Sunday rule, but I usually avoid it - especially around rue de Francs Bourgeois- because it becomes unspeakably crowded and I don't like being jostled.

But today we went to the Marais because Daniel wanted falafel for lunch (for the third time since he's been here!) so we went to Chez H'anna. Chez H'anna has the best falafel- infinitely better than L'As du Falafel, which is much too salty.

We sat in a park.


In the afternoon, we went to Merce & the Muse for coffee. 


I like Merce & the Muse a lot. The drip coffee is really good, the people who work there are young and friendly (and seemingly, mostly American), and it has a mild hipster flavor that I find pleasing. I worked in coffee shops in high school and college and I wish that they had been more like Merce & the Muse.

Anyhoo, I'm off to go change into a warmer outfit (the weather today is wet and freezing!) and head out for a glass of wine with my main squeeze.
Happy Sunday!

Chez H'anna
54 rue des rosiers
75004 Paris

Merce & the Muse
1 rue dupuis
75003 Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...