Sunday, November 28, 2010

il fait un froid de canard!

Since the temperature in my apartment is basically the same as the temperature outdoors, after huddling over my space heater for an hour or so after lunch, I gave up on ever feeling warm again and decided I might as well go on a walk. Absorb some of the Christmas spirit and what not.

But first I put on a hat.


I was given this hat at work about a year ago. Don't ask me why, I haven't the faintest idea- but for some reason, chapkas were distributed to all the employees in my office. It's made of fur, which I suppose is obvious, and large enough for a man. Yes, it's ridiculous, but it's also so warm.

Anyway, thusly attired, I headed out.

Now that Christmas is less than a month away, most of the large department have Christmas window displays up in full force. I made a first attempt to take a look on Saturday, on my walk home from the Parc Monceau, but when I arrived at Printemps, I was very nearly crushed by the teeming mass of shoppers/spectators.


Can you see the display?
Neither could I.

But I did start to see lots of little pine trees for sale.



At dusk, I took the metro to Concorde and then walked up to see the Marche de Noel and the lights on the Champs Elysees. The view across the Place de la Concorde was lovely, but it was so crowded on the Champs Elysees, with all of the little stands selling mulled wine and knick-knacks that I only stayed a short while. 


But I do love Christmastime- I can't believe it's nearly December....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...