Wednesday, November 10, 2010

fromage


NYTimes, Op-Ed November 9, 2010
I actually saw this cheese food pyramid in the paper today and thought "Hm. Yes, that looks about right to me."

Granted, the title of the article was "While Warning About Fat, US Pushes Cheese Sales" and it focused on criticizing the US Department of Agriculture for stealthily sneaking more cheese into already cheese-rich foods (such as Domino's pizza). Hypocritical and somewhat disgusting? Well, yes. But mostly I just looked at this pyramid and thought, mmm, fromage! 

The article stated that the average American eats 33 lbs of cheese per year. The French (according to Wikipedia) eat 52.9 lbs of cheese per year. Since I am an American living in France, does this mean that I can potentially average 85.9 lbs of cheese per year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...