Tuesday, July 19, 2011

plan b, or spaghetti & meatballs

This afternoon, a strange and inexplicable craving for spaghetti and meatballs crept over me. We had been tentatively planning to go out and see the latest Harry Potter movie tonight, but when we found out that the theater with comfy chairs and booze had sold out of tickets, we quickly nixed that plan and decided on a plan B:  hang out at home, make spaghetti and meatballs, and watch re-runs of How I Met Your Mother on TV.

Making pasta is a little tricky in our household because we fight over who gets to prepare the sauce. You would think we could share our duties evenly, but you would be wrong. If Daniel is cooking, I have to quietly sit at the kitchen table with a glass of wine and try very hard not to ask pointed questions about his cooking methods. I definitely can't go over and start stirring the sauce or turning vegetables in the oven because before you know it, I've seized the reins and am barking orders at him to chop the onions more finely and for-heaven's-sake add them to the pan before the garlic, and...it really isn't conducive to a relaxed meal at the end of the working day.

So! We decided Daniel would make the tomato sauce and I would be responsible for the meatballs. Division of labor, you know.



Anyway, it all turned out all right in the end (although you don't get to see the end result here because even though I took a few photos, I hit a wrong button on my computer and f'd it all up, so all you're seeing here are the sad raw meatballs. sigh.) and now I'm off to immerse myself in a sea of corny sitcom humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...