Tuesday, July 26, 2011

oh, mondays


I love to cook but when I'm home on my own for the evening, I tend to get fairly lazy. I've just never found cooking for one to be as satisfying as cooking for two. But that's not to say that I don't eat well. I just usually pare the meal down to its simplest components. Last night, for example, I came home from dance and fixed myself a plate of heirloom tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar- but no basil because my herb window box is infested with aphids and I'm terrified to go near it until Daniel comes home from his work trip to LA and sprays it with pesticides. 

After dinner, I went over to my friend Ashley's house to hang out and have a glass of wine. Ashley tripped over an uneven spot on her floor and (maybe) broke her second toe, so we drank wine and watched her toe swell up to look like one of those little Vienna Sausages in fascinated horror. We ended up watching The Bachelorette (just awful) and then another show called Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition (also awful, but in a different way) while Ashley iced her toe with a bag of frozen peas.

Oh, Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...