Friday, March 9, 2012

buen fin de semana


I'm gearing up for a busy weekend over in these parts. It's Daniel's birthday on Monday, which is possibly the worst day of the week for a birthday, so instead we are using the weekend to celebrate. Tonight we'll be meeting up with friends at the Page to toast the birthday boy with pints of Old Speckled Hen and shots of Bulleit bourbon and then on Saturday I'll be cooking up a Mexican feast (carnitas!), as per Daniel's request.

I do love birthdays.

In the meanwhile, I leave you with a few links to start your weekend:

I had dinner here with my dad last night. Just fantastic.

My mother sent me this. She knows me too well.

I adored reading this. Emma Thompson kills me- I may have to buy the book.

Loving these statement necklaces (particularly the Abbey and Elena!)

I closed my account recently...we'll see how long that lasts.

Daniel specially asked for funfetti cake on his birthday. Should I try to make it from scratch??


photo by Jennifer Causey, via Food52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...