Friday, February 25, 2011

david lebovitz's gateaux bastille

The weekend, that is.


Oh my, am I happy it's Friday.

It's not that this week has been bad, persay, just draining. Most of my office was empty this week, which left me to hold down the fort- not my favorite activity. The weather has also been interminably dreary.

To cheer myself up, I decided to make gateaux Bastille last night as a Thursday evening treat. By far the most disgusting dessert I've ever made. I took one bite and cringed. They tasted singed and sawdusty, just awful. Then I tossed each and every one of the little cakes straight into the trash. I followed the recipe exactly! David Lebovitz, how could you deceive me so? A lamentable waste of Scharffen berger chocolate.

I didn't take any pictures of the sorry things, so instead I offer you this much prettier pictures of French macarons. I wish I had had one of those last night instead of the revolting tar-flavored hockey pucks posing as gateaux bastille that came out of my kitchen. Hmph.

ANYWAY. Temporary dessert setbacks aside, I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. Tonight we're meeting our friends Jo & Morgan for a casual dinner at Fat Angel and then tomorrow we're driving up to Napa to spend some time with Daniel's parents. Excited to get out of the city for a bit.

Hope everyone has a delightful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...