Sunday, October 3, 2010

slow sunday

I woke up feeling sort of listless today. I spent the morning running errands and cleaning my (filthy!) apartment. I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's while I mopped my kitchen floor. Sometimes cleaning helps me clear my head, makes me feel more collected. I don't know when this started. Growing up, I never made my bed and littered my clothes all over the place. I certainly never mopped anything. My mother thought I was an absolute pig, and now that I think about it, she was right.

Anyway, I make more of an effort now. But today it didn't help improve my mood. I decided to go get a cup of coffee at Merce & the Muse, but it was too crowded. So I walked down to Le Loir dans la Theiere. Line out the door. Feeling thoroughly put upon, I finally just stopped at a little cafe down on Roi de Sicile and sulked until I saw that my espresso came with a little biscotti, which kind of cheered me up.

Sometimes it's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...