Saturday, October 22, 2011

saturday morning, nyc

Saturday was my first full day in the city and I wanted to do something that would be relaxed and include both lots of walking and eating. With these criteria in mind, I decided to check out the Union Square Greenmarket. On my way, I stopped by City Bakery for breakfast.

{pretzel croissant from City Bakery}

{apples at the Union Street Greenmarket}

{assorted root vegetables}

{pumpkins}

{pears}

{more apples & pears}

{west village}

I spent quite a while wandering around the market. There were so many different varieties of apples and squashes and bitter greens- tempting, but I didn't have any plans to cook while I was in the city. I satisfied myself by buying the most perfect apple I'd ever seen. The variety was Red Spy- isn't that a wonderful name?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...