Saturday, September 10, 2011

smitten kitchen's dreamy cream scones



As I've probably mentioned before, I love breakfast. That being said, my breakfasts are typically made up of things like granola or plain yogurt with berries. Not austere, but fairly simple. However, there are certain times where something a bit more decadent is in order, and for those times I present you with Smitten Kitchen's dreamy cream scones.

If I'm at a bakery, I typically don't go for the scones. I often find them heavy and dry where they should be light and supple. Enter these scones. They are a cinch to make and you can add pretty much whatever sort of dried fruit tickles your fancy in order to switch them up (my preference is for dried sour cherries). They also freeze beautifully, so I'll usually make a full batch, shape the dough, and then pop it in the freezer. That way, I can have fresh, oven-baked scones on demand. Score! This recipe is perfect; you needn't change a thing. Now go, get baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...