Monday, September 19, 2011

the fremont diner

A few months ago, the Sage Cafe in Sonoma closed. I was crushed; they had, hands down, the best BLT I've ever had in my life. Something about the way they dressed the lettuce and the perfect crispiness of bacon. We used to stop there when we'd drive out to visit Daniel's parents in Napa and I always looked forward to it with a level of anticipation bordering on the unseemly. But now that it's closed, we've had to find a new lunch spot for those drives up from the city. 


I now consider the search officially over.




I'd been wanting to try the Fremont Diner for a while but hadn't because the pull of the Perfect BLT had always been too strong. Now, free of such constraints, we decided it was time to check it out. 

As soon as I saw the oyster po' boy on the menu, I knew what I was having. Daniel ordered a cheeseburger. 
And it was sublime, all of it. The place was crowded and the service slow, but it was a Saturday and we had time. There were also about a hundred other things I wanted to order (hello, skillet caramel cake!), so I'm already looking forward to our next trip. I'll still miss the Sage BLT, but I won't be going hungry any time soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...