Monday, December 13, 2010

rose bakery

Yesterday was pretty much perfect. 

I woke up late and read the paper in bed then pulled myself together at a leisurely pace to go out to lunch around 12:30 at Rose Bakery.


In case I haven't mentioned it before, I adore Rose Bakery. 

Yes, it's always crowded and, yes, it can take an unholy amount of time to be seated, but it's still one of my absolute favorite places for lunch in Paris. Maybe a funny thing to say because the food is not French and most everything is vegetarian- doesn't sound very exciting when you put it that way, does it?- but they have the most wonderful tarts with roasted shallots and pumpkin seeds, and salads with ingredients like kohlrabi and mustard cress. They also have incredible desserts. I'm especially partial to their cakes- simple frosted loaves in bright flavors. The citron, in particular, is to die for- and I usually despise lemon desserts. Also, the date slice. Be still my heart. 

I used to go there all the time but I hadn't been in a while and so lunch there yesterday was something of a treat. In a fit of nostalgia, I bought their cookbook. I can't wait to try it out. 

After lunch, I went wandering with my Diana. I didn't really have a destination in mind, but I ended up over in the 6th. I shopped for little things like Christmas cards and tins of tea. I took pictures and felt a little bit sad because the day was so lovely. 


Rose Bakery*
30, rue Debelleyme
75003 Paris

*There is also a Rose Bakery in the 9th on the rue de Martyrs and, apparently, a new one that's opened by Bastille. But usually I go to this one, in the Marais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...