Today, I got a Christmas box at work.
The contents of the box are as follows:
- Foie Gras de Canard entier du Perigord (duck liver paté)
- Rilletes de Lapin (shredded rabbit with herbs, salt and duck fat)
- Le Poulet aux queues d'ecrivisses (potted chicken with shrimp tails)
- Le lingot au foie d'oie (goose liver paté)
- Confit aux deux poivrons et paprika doux (marinated red and yellow peppers)
- La Specialite de piperade de canard confit au foie de canard (onions, peppers and tomatoes with duck thigh and liver)
- Pate de canard au foie de canard et aux cepes (duck liver paté with mushrooms)
- La terrine de caille au muscat de beaumes de Venise (quail paté)
- Truffes fantaisie (chocolate truffles)
- Les petites madeleines (madeleines in syrup)
- Chateau Lousteau Vieil 2007
A veritable cornucopia of Christmas delights. As long as you're not a vegetarian, that is.
I wonder how many ducks had to die to make this Christmas box? Not to mention chickens, geese, rabbits and quails. I am not complaining- I love me some foie gras- I just can't imagine how I could even begin to put a dent in the quantity of paté I now have in my larder. Oh, my.