Monday, June 30, 2014

deborah madison's kale sesame salad


Not the most beautiful to photograph, but this dish is one of my new favorites - a kale salad with shaved brussels sprouts, green onions, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and cold soba noodles, dressed with garlic, vinegar, soy, and sesame oil.* I've made it twice in two weeks, served with broiled salmon, and will probably make it many more times before the summer is over; really, it's extremely versatile and very good. I imagine it'd be great to bring to a picnic. I've had such fun reading through Deborah Madison's Vegetable Literacy - it's like a textbook (and I mean that in a good way). The recipes are generally pretty simple but she's so creative when it comes to combining flavors and textures. Did anyone read this article in the New Yorker a few months back? That article - and a trip to Greens for lunch - convinced me that I needed to own Ms. Madison's latest book, and I'm so pleased to finally be cooking from it.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a good (and short!) week. Back soon.



*Version of the recipe found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...