Monday, November 18, 2013

hog island oyster co.


I've written about Hog Island Oyster Co. in Marshall before but I couldn't resist putting up a few pictures from the weekend. On Sunday, I drove out to Point Reyes with Kinzie, one of my closest friends from college, and two of her friends from high school. It was the perfect little day trip- we stopped at Bovine Bakery for breakfast and then drove out to do a hike along Skyline Ridge off of Limantour Road. The weather was clear and a little chilly- perfect for hiking- and when we were done, we piled back into the car and drove out to Marshall.


It's really just one of my favorite places ever. You bring a picnic (in our case, this meant lots of cheese, cured meats, a good baguette, some fruit and cookies, and of course, champagne) and buy oysters there. I've never been able to score one of the tables where you can shuck your own oysters (they book out months in advance) but I'm perfectly happy to sit back, relax, and let an experienced professional shuck oysters for me. We had a mix of raw oysters and oysters barbecued with chipotle bourbon butter- it was all terrific.



After a leisurely lunch, we basked in the sun for a while and watched the sailboats on Tomales Bay. A perfectly lovely November day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...