Wednesday, April 3, 2013

olema

A few photos.

















 








Last week, Daniel and I spent a few days in Olema, courtesy of my parents- a birthday gift from last year. I've been to Olema and Point Reyes several times but I'd never stayed out there, so this was a real treat (thank you parents!!). We stayed at Olema Druids Hall, which was wonderful- like staying at a country estate- and used it as our base for little excursions. We puttered around Point Reyes Station, eating oysters and fabulous pizza at Cafe Reyes. We bought cheese and wine and cornichons at Cowgirl Creamery. We read (me, this; Daniel, this). We drank champagne. We went hiking up along the Sky ridge trail. We went to Hog Island Oyster Co. and at raw and barbecued oysters. We sat in front of the fireplace, which Daniel fussed over while I stretched out on the couch with my feet up. We never wanted to leave. Of all of the spots on earth, Olema may be one of the very nicest.

So it was a wonderful trip. Another enormous 'thank you' and lots of air kisses to my parents for spoiling me rotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...