Sunday, September 21, 2014

mother-daughter trip, new orleans


As I've mentioned in the past, my mother and I recently started a tradition where we try to get away for a few days each year to take a trip somewhere, just the two of us. This year, we went to New Orleans.
















It was my first visit to the city and what a wonderful visit it was. We stayed in the central business district and the very pleasant International House Hotel and spent the four days we were in town eating and drinking and wandering. We ate oyster po' boys and muffaletta and beignets. We drank sazeracs and French 75s and champagne cocktails. We strolled through the French Quarter and took the Trolley out to the Garden District. We took afternoon naps. It was such a treat to share the experience with my mother.

Anyway, I'm back in San Francisco and gearing up for the start of the school year this week. After all of the lovely trips I've taken, I'm actually ready to settle in at home for a bit and get back into a normal routine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...