Wednesday, May 16, 2012

off to portland


My mother and I are taking a little trip to Portland. It was decided on a whim a few months back and now suddenly it's time to pack and print boarding passes and make the last final touches to our itinerary (yes, I am the type of person who makes detailed travel spreadsheets.)

I've been to Portland before, back in 2007 when I was still in college. I flew to Seattle to meet friends for the Sasquatch music festival at the Gorge and afterwards we spent a few days road tripping back to Berkeley, stopping in Portland and Medford and a few other small towns. We were only in Portland for a day and my memory of it is hazy. Mostly I remember that it seemed a cozy place and that the whole city felt tinted in shades of green and gray.

So now I'm visiting again, and this time with my mother- who was actually born in Portland but didn't grow up there and thus has no memory of the city whatsoever. I'm looking forward to exploring it together, just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...