Tuesday, May 15, 2012

morchella


Morchella, otherwise known as morels, are right at the tippy-top of the list of my favorite things to eat. Something about the flavor- delicate yet earthy- and the curious texture. Also, they remind me of France.

Anyway, I saw morels at the market the other day for the first time. After doing a double-take when I saw the price ($48 a pound) I did a little math in my head and decided it would be acceptable to buy a few, just a small handful, to sauté in butter and eat in an omelet for dinner.


Which I did. I melted a generous nob of butter in my largest sauté pan and gently fried the morels. I then scrambled two eggs with a splash of cream, pouring the mixture into the pan and folding the morels in with a pinch of salt. 

The result was simple, but not plain. I ate my omelet with a shaved fennel salad and a small kir. 

It was a profoundly satisfying meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...