Tuesday, June 14, 2011

afternoon in LA

As I mentioned before, on Saturday I flew down to LA, just for the afternoon. My parents drove up from San Diego and collected me at LAX and then we drove to Malibu. Needless to say, the traffic was horrid and June gloom was on in full force, but eventually we made it to Geoffrey's, our lunch destination, and things improved.



The wine and the heat lamps were much appreciated. And in spite of the gray, the view was lovely. My dad comes up to San Francisco fairly often, but I hadn't seen my mother since Christmas. Too long.

After lunch we drove up to the Getty Villa.












I'd never been to the Malibu Getty before. The collection was great, but I think I liked the gardens and the experience of walking around the villa even more. When sun came out around 3:30 it was just beautiful.

After the museum, we drove to our hotel in Marina del Rey. Before the trip, I had all these ideas about spending the afternoon exploring Venice or Santa Monica, but once I was there it really hit me how long it takes to get from place to place, with everything spread out the way it is. So instead, I flopped on the hotel bed and read old magazines until dinnertime. That was nice too. Sometimes you just need to take a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...