Sunday, April 10, 2011

twenty & five

As I mentioned before, it was my birthday this weekend.

I'm not one for big parties or anything like that, but I do enjoy celebrating birthdays in small, lovely ways. Today that meant breakfast from the Grove St. farmer's market.


Followed by visits from friends and the a drive up north to Point Reyes.


One of the things I love about San Francisco is how easy it is to get out of the city and find yourself somewhere glorious in the matter of only an hour or so. Also, I love driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. It's exciting every time.

We stopped at Cafe Reyes for a late lunch.



After lunch, Daniel took me horseback riding on a hundred acre ranch out by Tomales Bay. His horse was named Summer. Mine was Rabbit.


Rabbit was sort of a pill. The bastard would not go, no matter how hard I thumped him with my heels. Finally our guide gave me a little makeshift riding crop to poke him with from time to time to give him the idea that he should actually be moving forward rather than just cooling his heels looking at the view. That worked pretty well. But really, I couldn't blame him. 



The weather couldn't possibly have been more beautiful and the views of the hills and the water were marvelous. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have been born at this time of year.

After the ride, we wobbled back to the car and drove to Point Reyes Station. We wandered around for a little before going to dinner at Stellina.


Dinner was champagne and oysters, a fennel and blood orange salad, and mussels in broth. We savored our meal and then drove home to San Francisco listening to Nina Simone sing "Wild is the Wind." I was in heaven.

So another birthday comes and goes. It was a pretty fantastic one. 



Cafe Reyes
11101 SR 1
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956

Point Reyes Arabian Adventures
11925 Point Reyes Station
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956

Osteria Stellina
11285 Hwy 1
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...