Thursday, April 21, 2011

kombucha

Random, and probably wholly uninteresting to anyone but myself, but I am currently obsessed with kombucha. More specifically, GT'S Synergy, which has a teeny bit of fruit juice added to it as well.


Really random, I know. But I've started drinking it recently and I'm sort of hooked. It's tangy and slightly effervescent, which is a winning combination in my book. Plus, it makes me feel virtuous because of all the new-agey hoo-hah about the benefits of probiotics and raw food. I love when I can find foods that make me feel smug. I usually avoid stuff of this ilk because I think a lot of things termed health foods are nauseating. It's a little like the line in Woody Allen's Sleeper where he says "This stuff tastes terrible. I could make a fortune selling it in my health food store." So it's nice to find something that's touted as being healthful that I hands-down love the taste of.

Granted it's not for everyone. I gave Daniel a sip of one last week so he could taste it and he immediately cringed and looked at me like I was trying to poison him.  I guess I can see how the idea of fermented tea that has large chunks of bacteria floating around in it might not have instantly won him over. Oh well. More for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...