Sunday, October 21, 2012

the dish

Solvitur ambulando. It is solved by walking. I never studied Latin, but I've always liked that phrase. You put one foot in front of the other and you move forward. Going on long, solitary walks is something I do when I need to clear my head. It always makes me feel better- a little bit calmer, a little bit more centered. 



I slept badly last night and felt out of sorts when I woke up. I couldn't seem to shake the feeling and so I decided to take a walk to the Dish.










It was hot and dry and there were squirrels everywhere, though they never stayed still long enough for me to take a picture. I could see turkey vultures making wide, wobbling circles overhead. I stopped under the Dish thought how odd it looked, alone out there in the foothills. 

I felt better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...