Sunday, October 14, 2012

the alemany farmer's market

I spent the weekend up in Marin and San Francisco. This has become something of a pattern. Two weekend in Palo Alto, one weekend in the north bay. It's an essential break from life on campus. 

I usually try to fit as much as I possibly can into two short days. This weekend, we had dinner with friends, carved Halloween pumpkins, ate Thai food, watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, explored Mill Valley, sampled pastries at Beth's, and visited the Alemany farmer's market in Bernal Heights. 





We met up with our friends Caitlin and Dave and wandered around checking out the produce and enjoying the October sunshine. I came away with a bag of tiny Thai eggplants, some gorgeous red apples, a few Bartlett pears, and an enormous pomegranate. I haven't been cooking as much now that I'm back in school and living on my own. Left to my own devices, I'm perfectly happy to make a dinner out of scrambled eggs and apple slices. Still, it's always inspiring to walk around farmer's markets.






I miss living in San Francisco. A lot. But at least I still have my weekend visits.

Alemany Farmer's Market
100 Alemany Blvd
SF 94110

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...