Saturday, June 16, 2012

david lebovitz's guinness milk chocolate ice cream

After I got home from work on Thursday, I sat on the couch with my brother and flipped through David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop. He watched the U.S. Open on television and I read ice cream flavors out loud until we found one we could mutually agree on.

Normally, I go for vanilla based ice creams, but Trevor apparently prefers chocolate. And since he is my little brother and I try to be nice, I agreed to make Guinness milk chocolate ice cream. 


It's a curious thing, putting beer in ice cream. I was a little skeptical at first- I'm not much of a beer drinker and I was afraid that the flavor of the beer- especially with a beer like Guinness- would be overwhelming.


But it wasn't- the ice cream tasted like malted milk chocolate. In other words, it was delicious. The flavor of the Guinness was subtle, a background note that gave the milk chocolate a complexity it would have lacked on its own.

My brother had four scoops. I think we can count this ice cream as a success.

Recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...