Tuesday, April 17, 2012

sweet reminders


A few months ago, I paid my first visit to Chantal Guillon, a little macaron and tea shop in Hayes Valley. It's pretty as a picture and I would say that their macarons give Laduree's a run for their money. I never brought macarons home when I would come back to San Francisco from Paris because I'd been told that the pressurized cabin of an airplane would take the air of them and I was never willing to risk buying a big beautiful box only to have them deflate on the flight over, even if I'm probably the only one who would have cared. 

Anyway, it's lovely to have found a local place that specializes in these marvelous little treats that serve as sweet reminders of Paris. Now if only I could find a place to buy inexpensive unpasteurized cheeses...


Chantal Guillon
437 Hayes Street
San Francisco CA 

photo found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...