Saturday, February 25, 2012

deb perelman's cauliflower and caramelized onion tart

Recently, I've been making a concerted effort to use meat less in my cooking. I'm trying to get away from the idea that the central feature of every meal needs to be meat-based, and it's challenged me to be a bit more creative when it comes to making dinner. In keeping with this theme, I made a cauliflower and caramelized onion tart for dinner last night, and it was delicious. Not that that should be surprising. It has gruyere, truffle oil, a slick of tarragon mustard, and a mess of toasted and caramelized vegetables.







We ate this with a big green salad and a glass of wine and it was just perfect. We're also going on a picnic today up in Marin and the leftovers will be making an appearance. I made a few changes to the recipe (listed below) just to suit my own taste and I was extremely happy with the results. Truly, make this now. 


Recipe via Smitten Kitchen, substituting creme fraiche for mascarpone, using Martha Stewart's pate brisee, and omitting the parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...