Wednesday, January 11, 2012

commonwealth

{Jerusalem artichoke salad}

My parents are in town all this week, which has, in addition to allowing me to spend all kinds of lovely time with them, given me the chance to mooch some exceptionally nice meals. Last night my father was attending a business dinner, so my mother took my brother and me out to dinner at Commonwealth. Between us, we shared:

Kettle chips with seaweed
-
Arancini with truffle cheese
Chicken tsukuna
-
Jerusalem artichoke with chickweed, quinoa, and a quail egg
-
Beef cheeks with chanterelles, gem lettuces, marble potatoes and bordelaise
Pork loin & belly with brussel sprouts, beech mushrooms and kohlrabi

And everything was delicious. Really, I think it's the best new restaurant I've tried in months. The restaurant itself is small and tastefully decorated, the servers were extremely pleasant and accommodating, and it really ended up being the perfect place for an elegant but low key dinner with family.

Commonwealth
2224 Mission St., San Francisco


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...