Tuesday, November 9, 2010

rainy day wear

It's been raining pretty much non-stop here in Paris for the past few days. I probably shouldn't grouse too much about it- it is, after all, November. But still, I'm from southern California and therefore spectacularly ill-equipped to deal with seasonal changes.

For example, I do not own a raincoat.

L'impermeable moderne c'est Blizzand
(Red Raincoat for Audrey Hepburn)
by Gruau Rene, 1965

I love this 1960's poster for Blizzand raincoats.

Still, I wouldn't go for a red raincoat. I'd choose something more understated. Classic.

Kate Moss for Burberry

As it is, I find it impossible to look elegant in rainy weather. Instead I end up looking more like something that got caught in a drain. But I think the perfect trench could go a long way in changing that. 

Also, my current umbrella was clearly designed for a child and thus offers scant protection for an adult. It is garishly printed with yellow and pink flowers.
I do not like it.

It would be much nicer to own something more polished.


Burberry Check Lined Walker Umbrella

Burberry is a bit more preppy than I would normally go in for, but for rain-wear, I have to admit that it is the ne plus ultra.

Oh well, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...