Monday, December 29, 2014

days after christmas


The days after Christmas always leave me feeling a little off-kilter. Not bad, just disoriented. There's so much lead up to Christmas - all the shopping you're supposed to be doing, the wrapping, the holiday parties, the eating and drinking and on and on. It's all very nice, but it does end up leaving me feeling somewhat dizzy. We had a completely lovely Christmas in Napa this year - visits to family friends, an elegant Christmas Eve dinner at Angele, far too many presents (Daniel's parents spoiled us absolutely rotten), and plenty of time to nap and read and watch movies and play with the dog. A splendid way to spend the holiday. We stayed up in Napa for several days and only made it back to the city on Saturday afternoon, sorry that we couldn't have stayed longer.

Anyway, now that we're back, I've been trying to get things in order before New Year's, which is approaching far too quickly for comfort. I spent most of today scurrying all over town running the bits and ends of errands that I've been putting off - getting sunglasses repaired, buying a fluted tart pan for the dessert I have in mind for New Year's Eve (if all goes well, I'll be able to post on the finished project before year's end), ordering a dining room table, researching a replacement for my poor Mini Cooper (sob), and a number of other little things I shan't bore you with. Not exactly a day fraught with excitement, but productive.

This year, we're spending New Year's Eve in San Juan Bautista at the home of some dear friends. I'm looking forward to an evening where we stay in, cook good food, and play with the dogs. I can't believe we're getting ready to toast the end of 2014, though in some ways, 2015 can't come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...