Tuesday, February 25, 2014

joshua tree


I spent the last two days in Joshua Tree and Palm Springs on a sort of field trip. Since it was a sort of work trip, I won't go into details but I did have the chance to hike around and take some photos when I was there.








Last time I was in Joshua Tree in 2007, I didn't make it to see the cholla cactus garden, so that was particularly exciting. The cacti look so soft and fuzzy but I can confirm that they are in fact quite prickly - I managed to throw my hand into one by mistake.








We also drove out along the eastern shore of the Salton Sea, out in the open desert. It was hot and windy and quiet.





A really interesting and often beautiful trip but it left me completely exhausted. Back tomorrow with some pictures from Palm Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...