Sunday, June 3, 2012

edna lewis' busy day cake

Saturday morning, I decided to bake Edna Lewis' Busy Day Cake. No particular reason other than that I had some buttermilk in the refrigerator that I wanted to use up before its expiration date and that baking a cake sounded like a nice thing to do. 


This isn't a beautiful cake. It's simple and rather plain looking, but the taste is lovely, flavored throughout with nutmeg and vanilla. Like the poppyseed cake I made a few weeks ago, this is a cake that works for breakfast as well as dessert. I may have eaten a slice with my morning cup of tea and I'm already planning on another slice with some fresh strawberries after dinner this evening.


Should you be curious, I've seen this recipe a number of places, but I used the one on Lottie and Doof. It worked perfectly just as written- I suggest you see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...